During this weekend we will explore the various functions of fascia in our yoga practice. We start with a lay-out of the different types of (Myo) fascia and how it integrates from a cellular to a musculoskeletal level. Thereby, we will look at how fascia supports all of our movement and postural functions.
We’ll explore the different myofascial trains in the body and link them to specific asana’s and observations that can support efficient and personalized hands on adjustments.
We’ll alternate theory with practice so you can apply what you learned in action. The course will have a total of 14 hours and we will end each day with a specific masterclass that covers the discussed topics.
This course is useful for yoga teachers, personal trainers or any type of movement enthusiast that would like to deepen their understanding of this mystical concept. After this weekend you will understand the different myofascial trains and how they translate to posture, movement and yoga. You will learn how to identify common misalignments and how to alleviate movement and stretching restrictions.
- Introduction to Myofascia
- The Superficial Back line + movement & postural functions + Common Restrictions & adjustments
- The Superficial Front Line + movement & postural functions + Common Restrictions & adjustments
- Deep Front Line: deep fascial core + respiratory system, movement & postural functions
- Master Class
- Q & A
- The Lateral Line: Movement & postural functions + common restrictions & adjustments
- The Spiral Line: Movement & postural functions + common restrictions & adjustments
- The Functional Lines: Movement & postural functions + common restrictions & adjustments
- Master Class
The secret life of fascia Workshop with Egon Meerschaert
The course will be led by Egon Meerschaert, he teaches anatomy at yoga teacher trainings and has been working as a personal trainer and has helped people during specific rehabilitation programs under the guidance of physiotherapists and osteopaths.
14 hours Course.
We also provide accommodations if required.
EARLY TICKET (before the 15th of June) 80 Euros
STANDARD TICKET (from the 15th of June) 90 Euros
FOR MORE INFO OR BOOKING